To Your Holiness,
I heard that you’re stepping down due to old age. While that’s fine and dandy, when last I heard, no pope has resigned since the year 1413. Plus, I know that popes usually worked until they die.
So, what’s the excuse for your resignation? I already won’t accept the official response to the question, as I assume that they’re trying to speak for you. I’m ashamed to think that someone like you would just throw in the towel, but maybe it’s for the best.
- Shock resignation of Pope Benedict XVI (canadafreepress.com)
- Vatican spokesman: Pope Benedict will not participate in the conclave to elect his successor (whatisgarabandal.wordpress.com)
- Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation (countdowntoeternityblog.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns (praiserichmond.com)
- Pope’s mission to revive faith clouded by scandal (news.yahoo.com)
- Pope’s sudden resignation sends shockwaves through Church (news.yahoo.com)