As we all know, today is Memorial Day, a day of remembrance. While my real-life counterpart had family members who fought in the wars, I had some who died fighting, mainly in World War II and Vietnam. Those who died knew that they were fighting for freedom, not just for themselves, but for everyone.
May we never take the sacrifice of our armed forces in vain.
I’ll be back with another blog post.
- Shoebox Photographs: Memories Of War (redravine.wordpress.com)
- Life & Liberty: some borrowed thoughts on Memorial Day (leavenfortheloaf.com)
- Honoring Veterans and Remembering Fallen Heroes This Memorial Day (wgno.com)
- Memorial Day 2013 (thedietrichdiaries.com)
- 7 Facts about Memorial Day (kennethshepherd.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day and What It Means to me! (serenityreviews.net)
- Tip of Memorial Day (keepaustinhappy.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day (fajardos.wordpress.com)
- A Day of Remembrance (sippwriter.wordpress.com)