As we all know, Michael Jackson was one of the most famous pop stars in history (his album Thriller remains the #1 bestselling album ever) and Farrah Fawcett was an actress who is best known for her role on the hit TV show Charlie’s Angels.
But that’s not all, right?
Anyway, I remember the day when Maddy called me up while my dad, Matt, and I were on vacation in the Florida Keys and told me about Farrah Fawcett’s death. Now, I’m going to be honest with you and admit that I’m not a huge fan of Farrah, even if my dad was. Nonetheless, it was shocking to hear about the death of Farrah; it brings me no joy when I have to hear about a celebrity’s death.
Anyway, while Maddy was telling me about Farrah, Shara interrupted her to tell me about the death of Michael Jackson. Now that frightened me more than when we all learned about the death of another celebrity.
This brings me to the next part of the story, which was when everyone and their mother was talking about Michael and Farrah as if they were family. Dad was more shocked over the death of Michael than Farrah. Matt, however, just rolled his eyes and kept playing his video games.
But I was very upset to learn about Michael’s death, especially since I had heard about his comeback concert and Shara and her family were planning to attend the concerts in London. Also, I had always hated Michael’s father Joe for essentially ruining his life and now, I wish nothing but harm to fall upon Conrad Murray, the man who ultimately killed Michael Jackson. (There are several others who I blame as well; their names will not be mentioned here)
Well, that was 4 years ago.
Now, we haven’t heard from Farrah’s family much since then, but we do know that the Jackson family is trying to make the concert promoter AEG pay for what happened to Michael (shame on those guys, they should have known better). But all I care about is the music that Michael had left behind.
This is it.
- Remembering Michael Jackson Four Years Later (essence.com)
- Remembering Farrah Fawcett: 5 Celebs Who Rocked Her Signature Hairstyle Right (styleblazer.com)
- Remembering Michael Jackson (peoniesandpancakes.wordpress.com)
- Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon Used Madison Avenue To Build Their Iconic Status (daveibsen.typepad.com)
- Missing Farrah Fawcett Portrait by Andy Warhol May Be Found (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- How do you know? (mandatoryoptional.wordpress.com)
- This Day In History – June 25 (deadlinelive.info)