Every so often, there comes a story that needs to be told. This story is one of those.
I don’t know about you, but Maddy’ s mother and grandmother aren’t too big on stories about Black people as servants. Maybe it’s because they themselves were lucky to not have ancestors who were slaves. I’m not sure.
But when they did find out about the movie, it took a lot of convincing for them to take us to the movies. As I found out, The Butler is more than just a story about one man’s service in the White House. The Butler is more than just one man’s incredible life journey. The Butler is a page in American history.
- Vintage Fashion in “The Butler” (coutureallure.blogspot.com)
- Lee Daniel’s ‘The Butler’ (indiestracksblog.com)
- Lee Daniels’ The Butler (Movie) (livingfactors.wordpress.com)
- What The Butler Really Saw (entertainment.time.com)
- ‘Lee Daniels’ The Butler’ and the Long History of Black Work at the White House (colorlines.com)
- The Butler Trailer: Stars Come Out For Lee Daniels’ New Film (thehollywoodgossip.com)