Ok, so I’m more of an Oscars watcher and I really wanted to watch the 49ers game, but this was kind of important.
Anyway, the show wasn’t too bad, no thanks to Tina Fey and Amy Pohler, but it wasn’t very good either. The jokes were lame, the wrong people won, and to make matters worse, the best movie glorified slavery. (That made me angry more than anything else that night; not even Maddy could get me to calm down.)
Anyway, a non-Disney song won the best song award. Finally, some faith in humanity has been restored.
But I cut my viewing short to watch the memorial for Ariel Sharon, thus missing Woody Allen getting the Cecil B. DeMille award. Uncle Dan was upset over that; he was waiting for that all night. According to Shar, Woody Allen wasn’t there to accept the award. Thank you Diane Keaton.
But will I be watching the Golden Globes next year? Unless it’s a good host, don’t count on it.
- Best, Worst and WTF Moments from the 2014 Golden Globe Awards (blogher.com)
- Woody Allen Golden Globe damned by Farrows (theguardian.com)
- Woody Allen’s Estranged Family Reacts To Director’s Golden Globe Lifetime Achievement Award (buzzfeed.com)
- Golden Globes Highlights: From Amy Poehler’s Win To Diane Keaton’s Song For Woody Allen (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ronan Farrow rips Golden Globes Woody Allen protection in ‘molest’ tweet : worldleaks (worldleakss.wordpress.com)