As we all know, I am of Russian descent (on both sides) and as such, part of my mother’s birth family actually lives in Sochi. My dad’s family lives in St. Petersburg and New York. Every summer, for two weeks, I take a trip to Sochi, where many of the elite Russians go for summer vacation.
So when I heard about the Olympic games being held in Sochi this year I was excited, but a bit of a skeptic since that would mean that I would have to miss a ton of school and such. But right now, I don’t mind, but I know there’ll be hell to pay when I have to turn in all my homework that I had to do while I was in Sochi.
Anyway, there has been a lot of action at the ski resort, where I usually go to ski with my cousins during my vacations. Yesterday, my cousins and I tried our hand at slopestyle, hoping that one of us will be good enough to make the trip to South Korea in 2018.
So there you have it. I’ll be back in the United States next Tuesday.
- SOCHI SCENE: ‘Russian fans have big hearts’ (sacbee.com)
- Winter Olympics Sochi 2014 Figure Skating (thebeautyofdecisions.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine wins first Olympic gold in Sochi (vancouverdesi.com)
- Judging talk overshadows figure skating again (pottsmerc.com)
- Sochi organizer: ‘We delivered what we promised’ (sandiego6.com)
- Sochi Olympic Medals (forbes.com)