I do hope that you are enjoying the Olympics as much as I am watching them.
But before I go any further, I would like to go on a huge rant about President’s Day. Yeah. I’m going to lay into the presidents for a bit.
Why is it that out of all the influential Americans in history, we only celebrate the birthdays of only THREE Americans??? Something isn’t right here and I’d like to know why we aren’t having any more birthday celebrations for Americans.
Here’s what I propose:
I will be spending the entire year picking out which Americans deserve to have a birthday made into a national holiday. If you want to contribute to this conversation or have an American who you think deserves some recognition, don’t be afraid to comment.
Plus, let’s celebrate the birthdays of ALL our presidents, not just two.
- Presidents’ Day (sharnenterprisesinc.wordpress.com)
- Presidents’ Day (eslnewyork.wordpress.com)
- February 22: Happy Birthday, George Washington! (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Presidents Day 2014: Fly your flag today (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Sorry, Virginia, There’s No Such Thing as President’s Day (rolandrhicks.wordpress.com)
- Moving Washington’s Birthday (huffingtonpost.com)
- Good-Sinful Alliance: Happy President’s Day! (musingsfromnevillesnavel.wordpress.com)