As we all know, today is a very sad milestone, as we are now remembering the death of Michael Jackson, who was taken away from us so suddenly (and without so much as a warning) five years ago today. (And on a sad note, actress Farrah Fawcett died of cancer on this day)
As we all know, Michael Jackson was one of the most famous pop stars in history (his album Thriller remains the #1 bestselling album ever) and Farrah Fawcett was an actress who is best known for her role on the hit TV show Charlie’s Angels.
I still remember the day when Maddy and Shara called me up while my dad, Matt, and I were on vacation in the Florida Keys and told me that Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett were dead. I won’t repeat to you how I reacted to both deaths, only the fact that it brings me no joy when I have to hear about a celebrity’s death. (My many blog posts about dead celebrities can attain to that.)
Michael and Farrah brought joy to the world; may they rest in peace.
- Remembering America’s Angel Farrah Fawcett (cherokeebillie.wordpress.com)
- On this Day in Movie History, June 25, 2009: Farrah Fawcett Dies (jaxonfilmfest.wordpress.com)
- Farrah Fawcett’s Friend To Pen Death Diary! (perezhilton.com)
- Today in History, 6-25-14 (crescent-news.com)
- Today in History for Wednesday, June 25 (amarillo.com)
- Farrah Fawcett Also Remembered on the Web [BoomTown] (kara.allthingsd.com)